Sleepin’ Pretty

3 Mar

This weekend, my husband and I will finally be buying ourselves a nice bed. Our current bed, if you can even call it that, is no more than a metal frame with wheels. It makes me feel like I am sleeping on an extra-large gurney. When it comes to bedding I like a nice mix of feminine and masculine.

MalmBed

The bed frame I will be getting is this Malm bed from IKEA. Yes, it's IKEA and I know some of you out there don't put the words "nice" and "IKEA" in the same sentence, but I do. I like to think of myself as something of an IKEA superfan. DAAA LINGONBERRY! I'm loving the nightstands that are part of the Malm series. They connect with the back of the headboard to look like one piece. It gives it this whole "hey, I'm really cool bed" feel.

Duvet

Onto a pretty duvet. At first I was in love with the Cirrus Bedding from Anthropologie, but it's a lot more than I am willing to spend. Then I found the Parachute Duvet at West Elm and it's very similar and half the price. It adds a touch of femininity to the masculine bed. Plus the ruching gives it that undone look, which is good for me, because for some reason my kitten Willow thinks that after I make the bed it's time to run across it at top speed.

After I get those two things I will work on the sheets. I'm thinking stripes and dots. Here are some sheet layering tips from Decor8 which has given me the courage to try layering.

7 Responses to “Sleepin’ Pretty”

1. rwinamix 2011 27. Feb, 2011 at 8:03 am #

I really like your topic and appreciate your work.it is so interesting for me because it provides nice infos so I’ bookmarked it.thank you for sharing this topic

2. michael 04. Jul, 2011 at 9:42 am #

i also need a bed u.u
    i think it will be an IKEA one, but i still have to wait for some time…

3. Dirk Pehowic 05. Oct, 2012 at 2:48 am #

Bed frames that are made from aluminum or bronze are also great since they have that elegant finish. I always use them at home. ::*;*

Ciao

4. Trula Thau 10. Oct, 2012 at 11:55 pm #

Bed frames must be very strong in order to support the weight of the occupants. It is a good idea to choose steel bed frames. `*”":

Check out all of the most recent article at our personal web page

5. Richie Rogillio 29. Nov, 2012 at 4:28 am #

We always have brass bed frames at home and they are really nice. `

<a href="Have a look at the helpful post on our personal web-site

6. Edward Barreca 11. Mar, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Iron beds are beds in which the headboard and footboard are made of iron; the frame rails are usually made of steel. Iron beds were developed in 17th century Italy to address concerns about infestation by bed bugs and moths. An iron cradle (with dangerously pointed corner posts) has been dated to 1620-1640.[4] From the start of their production in the 1850s until World War I, iron beds were handmade. The manufacturing process included hand pouring and polishing intricately detailed casting and hand applying finishes. In the many small foundries of the time that employed only a handful of employees, it could take days to produce a single bed. ”

Freshest article content on our very own homepage
    <.http://www.caramoantourpackage.com

7. Bobby Majmundar 30. Jun, 2013 at 8:17 pm #

Psychological interventions such as behavioral and cognitive-behavioral therapy as well as pharmacological treatment can lead to substantial reduction of OCD symptoms for the average patient. However, OCD symptoms persist at moderate levels even following adequate treatment course and a completely symptom-free period is uncommon.^…*

Our very own web page